Thursday, April 2, 2009

Relationships of all Sorts

Marriage is a topic that can be hard, especially when looking into the future of teaching and how that can change any path you are on. At our Monday night class for Ed. Psych. we had a wonderful speaker from Japan, Doan van Dieu, who discussed marriage as well as the role that parents play in the selection of a spouse. Dieu began by asking if in America we consider ourselves to be free to marry whomever we wish. A key thing to think about this topic is to consider the people that are influencing the choice of a spouse. Whether we like it or not, we are influenced by others, especially by our parents if they are in our lives. Dieu explained that our parents love their children and want the best for them as well as know things from experience. They(parents) are able to decide and see from an outside perspective what is right for their son or daughter.

Looking at the relationship of parents and marriage for their children, it shows how important parents are to children's lives. I definitely take advantage of my parents from time to time and the amazing help they give me with my everyday life. When I look into the future, it's hard to say what will happen in my classroom, and how involved my students parents will be. If they aren't that involved, it can be hard on that student to see how other parents interact with their child. I can only hope that in my classroom I make all my students feel loved as well as show them how adults can be positive influences in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment