Friday, April 10, 2009

Chalk and Wire





Oh the life of a future teacher, filled with worries, tests, preparation, and... your favorite online portfolio,"Chalk and Wire!" In all sincerity, it really isn't that bad. I believe the idea is that we will use these to show future employers our wonderful ideas about teaching and the artifacts to back up our claims to fame of competencies. I definitely was confused the first day I walked into an Education class (not Ed. Psych) and heard about this. Now that every class I am in uses the system, I understand it a lot more. Although, I do wonder if these will actually be looked at in the future. I like to hope that my hard work will get checked out; this will be my motivation to make it spectacular.

It's important to understand the reasons behind teaching, ensuring that you understand why you are going into the profession. Each of the competencies that we are required to analyze brings to attention aspects of my future that I can't wait to embark on. Yet, at the same time I am freaked out by the idea that I, Sabrina, will be in charge of the minds that will go off into the world and help create everyone's future. Am I capable of doing such a big job? I like to think so at times, even if I am not getting A's on my lesson plans. Comprehending the competencies as well as putting them into practice within your classroom is the important part. I know that my classroom will be fantastic and my students will be just as great. So, thanks Chalk and Wire for creating more work in my school schedule, but helping out in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment