Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lost Generation


Recently I viewed a clip on YouTube that involved looking at the future generation of America, my generation. The video brings up issues that I beleive many people in America would agree with, such as future generations don't care about the world nor do they care about creating interpersonal relationships because half the time their only form of communication is through technology. For the sake of my arguement lets forget the last thing I said about technology being the only form of communication (I in part am referring to this very blog). The way the video was formatted was very creative because it presented the negative things that people believe are generation will end up being proned to doing but when it gets to the end of the list it turns all of those things around to become positive aspects of what we can do.

I definitely would agree with this video that in the future I will be proactive about important issues as well as focus on the long term affects of things and not focus on the quick focuses. It is true that people seem to get caught up with new technology as well as the negative parts in the world, but I don't believe we are a part of a lost generation. I feel that because we had parents that grew up on "wholesome" values they rubbed off on us. As long as we focus on becoming better people we won't end up as the lost generation. I would say that for this it could be considered a mind of matter situation.





No comments:

Post a Comment